Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Praying from the heart

I took this prayer, and response from God, out of a book i’m reading now entitled “At the Masters Feet” by Sadhu Sundar Singh. Sundar had 2 visions, in the first he saw a beggar and not having anything to give him, he advised the beggar to go to the next town, only to realize that it was the Lord who wanted to bless him. In the 2de vision Sundar saw a good looking “devote” believer, but in his eyes he saw an evil “craft and cunning”. The man offered him kingdoms if Sundar only renounce his love for God. Sundar chased him away and then proceeded to pray this prayer. 

I love it because it’s so true! God has created our hearts with a longing that only He can satisfy. Sometimes if i feel restless and i feel “out of sync” with life, that’s the times i realize now that i’m longing for my Friend, my God. For fellowship with Him. And then was is so cool is God’s response to Sundar... He shows up and proceeds to fill Sundars heart with the presence that He longed for, that actually came from God. It’s like God creates opportunities, so that we can respond, so that He can meet with us. That is love. :-) Enjoy. 

“And I, in tears, thus poured out my soul to God in prayer, “My Lord God, my all in all, life of my life, and spirit of my spirit, look in mercy upon me and so fill me with Thy Holy Spirit that my heart shall have no room for love of aught but Thee. I seek from Thee no other gift but Thyself, who art the Giver of life and all its blessings. From Thee I ask not for the world or its treasures, nor yet for heaven even make request, but Thee alone do I desire and long for, and where Thou art there is Heaven. The hunger and the thirst of this heart of mine can be satisfied only with Thee who hast given it birth. O Creator mine! Thou hast created my heart for Thyself alone, and not for another, therefore this my heart can find no rest or ease save in Thee, in Thee who hast both created it and set in it this very longing for rest. Take away then from my heart all that is opposed to Thee, and enter and abide and rule for ever. Amen.”

When I rose up from this prayer I beheld a glowing Being, arrayed in light and beauty, standing before me. Though He spoke not a word, and because my eyes were suffused with tears I saw Him not too clearly, there poured from Him lightning-like rays of life-giving love with such power that they entered in and bathed my very soul. At once I knew that my dear Saviour stood before me. I rose at once from the rock where I was seated and fell at His feet. He held in His hand the key of my heart. Opening the inner chamber of my heart with His key of love, He filled it with His presence, and wherever I looked, inside or out, I saw but Him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment