Thursday, November 29, 2012

In The Midst of Great Hardship

A man from a Christian relief team recently delivered food to a Syrian widow living in a rural Muslim village near the border. When the anxious widow opened her door to him, the Christian explained he had come out of love for God. She told him about her encounter the previous day. While she was sleeping during the night she responded to a knock on the door, but no one was there. After a while she heard the same knocking and went to sit next to the door where she eventually fell asleep. While she was sleeping someone put His hand on her shoulder. He said, 'You don't know Me. You have passed through a great pain. I experienced a great pain, also. But I will not leave you alone. Tomorrow, I will send you someone who will tell you about Me. Listen to him." The widow then began to weep and begged her Christian visitor to "tell me about this Person that I saw in my dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment