Tuesday, December 27, 2011

God Sends Dream AND Messenger To Lapsed Church Member!

From a friend in a Middle Eastern Country

This past Wednesday, while walking down a small back street on the other side of the city, I gave a church Christmas invitation to a guy who, when realizing what I'd given him, asked (in English!), "Do you believe in destiny?" He went on to tell that he'd been a member of another protestant church here in the city 10 years ago, but JUST THE NIGHT BEFORE had a dream where he saw his old church friends, and they came and hugged him.

It gets better: when I excitedly told him that the church was just a couple blocks away, he said that sadly he lives far away from here. I asked where and he said "M*"--the very district where our own church is (highly unlikely when you consider how big the city is!). I just happened to have invitations to our own church's Christmas program in my front pocket, and quickly pulled one out and held it out in front of him--his jaw dropped when he saw it. Tears came to my eyes and I said, "Like your friends in the dream, let me hug you as well; God hasn't forgotten you!"

God is incredible, what more can I say?...

No comments:

Post a Comment