Monday, August 23, 2010

What is Jesus wearing today?


“However, as it is written: 
   "No eye has seen, 
      no ear has heard, 
   no mind has conceived 
   what God has prepared for those who love him" - but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.” 1 Cor 2:9-10
What has God prepared for me today? For me, it’s been that He loves being around me. You know the feeling - like someone is watching you, following you? Sometimes i know it’s just paranoia, other times i know that He is near. My Brother, my King, is here somewhere, watching me, looking at what i’m doing. It used to freak me out, now, I sometimes look around to see where He is and what He is doing, and it is kinda fun.  
One of my mentors said that she looks at what Jesus is wearing each day. I don’t know if He really dresses up, but being in a prophetic culture, He is always talking, and different clothing or “war paint” may mean something particular for the day. 
Today, He seemed dressed in fine linen, with gold buttons. I feel at peace when i look at Him dressed like that. And i think that He is reading something. He looks captivated by what He is reading. So i asked Him what does this mean? And what is He reading? He’s clothing represents cleanliness, purity, holiness, and the gold speaks of royalty. The book He is reading represents learning and growth. How does this all apply to me and for this day? What He is, I am too, what He wears, I wear too. And today will be a learning day, easy no pressure learning. I am growing. 
I am growing. That makes me almost want to cry. I don’t know about you, but sometimes i feel so much pressure to grow, perform, be all that i am called to be. So much expectation to live up too. It that just drains me. Usually, the last thing on my mind is peace when i think about growth. I think about having to be more disciplined and getting in routines and having to do more to be more. And to be honest i hate that. It makes me feel like crap. I feel like I'm never good enough. 
So as I’m writing this, and looking at what I felt Jesus was saying... for once, i feel at peace with growing. See according to Him, I am royalty, no need to perform to get my way there, no expectations, I am because He is. And seeing how much He enjoys learning, and how peaceful it is, I can do the same now because He is my Teacher, not the world. 
May you have a great day today, and know that Jesus loves you. Why don’t you ask Him today, tomorrow, what He is wearing and what He is doing. Lining up our lives with His plans always bears fruit. Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment