Thursday, July 1, 2010

Healing service in the Middle East


While in the Middle East we were blessed to lead a healing service, the one where you invite all the sick people to come and after telling them how much Jesus loves them, you demonstrate His love by healing the sick... It was so much fun!
This one old lady from India kept coming up to me with different pains in her body. I would pray for her back and she would thank me and start crying and smiling, and then 10 min later come back with a pain in her leg or something. I think she just liked getting hugs and wanted someone to just love on her.  It was so precious. 
Two of the more extreme healings was of a man who had gone blind from diabetes. We prayed for him and after quote some time he started seeing a little, and then more and more. It was so awesome to see him recognize his wife and waiving at us when we waived at him. God is so good!
The other one was a older woman who had taken a 4 hour leave from the hospital where se was staying. She came in a wheelchair and still had the needle and tubes in her arms for medicine. Apparently she had tremendous pain in her legs and this was her last hope for healing. I was off praying for someone else and suddenly heard a big commotion behind me. Laughing, clapping and dancing - the old lady was the one dancing on the stage, Jesus had taken away all her pain and gave strength back to her legs!
My friend told me when God heals His people it’s because of our covenant, and when God heals people on streets or anywhere where there isn’t really any “faith”, it’s just pure grace - because He loves and because He is good. Our trip just made this so much more clearer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment