Friday, July 23, 2010

Home Groups

We have a family that goes to another Church, yet comes out our home group when we have it. For me it’s a picture of the unity that can come from Love. Our home group leaders washed our feet and prophesied over us a couple of weeks ago and it was so ridiculously special. And then this family invited us to their home group to do the same there. 
I went over quite excited until i realized that their youth were between 10 and 16 years old - i’ve never prophesied over such young people! For a moment there i forgot that God actually has as much plans with their lives as He does with mine at 26. And it became real apparent from the first greeting that He was there Love them, and draw then closer to His heart through our words and actions. 
We kicked off by giving some testimonies about Jesus Culture and my wife and I’s trip to the Middle East in May. The one where a girl had metal in her wrist from a accident and after prayer and God’s divine awesomeness, the metal was gone. Completely gone. I touched her wrist, i know. That got them going... And then we explained some on prophesy before we broke up into boy and girl groups. 
And then God was there. We had a great evening with them, and one girl who had dislocated her knee, after being prayed for said that all the pain she had had up to that point - was gone. She’ll go back to the doc today and so we wait for a full conformation of the depths of God’s grace. 
Last night we had home group again and even before we started Love was there. The wife of this same family, shared with me how she had hurt her ankle and that her achilles was too long or something? There was a term she gave which was way above my IQ. I called her husband and had him gently lift up her ankle, focus on God’s love and releasing it through his spirit, and then he prayed after me. The moment we stopped praying she got The Touch. She got real excited as her ankle got really hot, and then her whole body started tingling. She got up and walked around without any pain. She rolled her feet in perfect circles (something she couldn’t do over the last 6 months) and put pressure on it for the first time. God healed her! 
Then she asked me why is her whole body tingling and not just her ankle? It’s only her ankle that needed healing. And i just said that God loves all of you and He is here to show that to you. It was so precious for me to see a husband and wife encounter God like this for the first time. 
Home group blew up with amazing worship, encouraging words and some creative miracles. I love physical healings, but when I see my friends and family get a emotional breakthrough everything inside of me goes My God Did That, He Is Awesome!!!
For me being a missionary means that I’m sent out by God, doesn’t really matter where I go or to whom I go, I am going in His power and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment