Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hovering over the Gulf


With so many emails and prayer requests going out about the oil spill, about God judging the Gulf even the US, this painting from a friend came as a refreshing reminder of Father’s positive redemptive purposes for the Gulf. 

“I had the picture in my mind for a couple of weeks, but I wasn't real sure of the full meaning. I kept seeing Father waving His arms over the face of the deep. His glory shown all about Him and the ocean was very dark. As I began painting it, I remembered the prayer sent out from Mahesh. I had already been praying about the blood of Jesus redeeming the Gulf and it dawned on me the painting was our prayers.  With each stroke I could see the oil and the blood in the water. I felt the Father's breath on the water breathing life...until finally the water was redeemed to it's original state. The painting became a prophetic act of my...our agreement with the Father for His redemption of the Gulf.”

**Painting and story used with permission of artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment